Sunday, September 25, 2011

Graco Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame

I think it's fair to say that this Graco stroller frame is one of the baby products in our household that we got the most use out of. We used it for both kids, so we got almost two years out of it (one per child). And as far as baby gear goes, I think that's pretty good!

It lived in the trunk of my car and came out literally every day for as long as our babies were in their infant car seats. The frame even traveled over-seas with us once. It's light-weight, easy to fold and comes with a huge basket underneath to stuff diaper bags and shopping bags into (and if you've read my review on the UPPAbaby Vista, you know that I'm a huge fan of big stroller baskets). And the best thing is of course that you can seamlessly transfer the car seat into the stroller frame without waking up your sleeping baby.

The "cup holders" are shallow because they are not meant for drinks (especially hot ones!) so you can't use them for that purpose. I used them mainly for small items like my keys and our baby's pacifiers.

This stroller frame doesn't have much suspension in the wheels so don't expect it to run great on cobble stones. However, for your daily errands it's a perfect little invention that makes the life of a parent much easier.

I think this is a must have product, especially if you are on the go a lot and own a Graco car seat. You can use it until your baby grows out of the infant car seat and it's not an expensive item as far as baby gear goes (Amazon and Babies R Us sell them new for $69). Of course, if you have a stroller like the UPPAbaby Vista, that has a car seat adapter (and a large basket for your bags), you technically don't need this frame. We, of course, as stroller obsessed parents, had to have both. But in this case, I'd rather give up the car seat adapter on the UPPAbaby Vista (which I also used quite a bit), than my Graco Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame. 

I feel compelled to remind anyone who buys this frame to always remember to use the locks that are meant to secure the car seat to the frame, after it clicks into place. It's common sense really, but if you don't use them and bump into something, the car seat can actually tilt out of the frame.

So in my humble opinion...

Pros:

- Makes running errands with a baby very easy (especially since babies always tend to conveniently fall asleep in the car).
- Huge basket underneath. I've even used it to do all our grocery shopping for the week.
- Folds easy. 
- Folds flat, so it doesn't take up much space in the trunk.
- Comes as a twin frame as well.

Cons:

- Doesn't have great suspension in the wheels but it's not really meant for off roading anyway so I don't think this is a big deal.






No comments:

Post a Comment